0 online now

play.gotpvp.com

Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Saito, May 3, 2016.

By Saito on May 3, 2016 at 4:18 PM
  1. Saito

Saito Owner
    Staff Member Supporter

Greetings,

I've been pretty sick and tired of hearing the non stop whining and uninformed nonsense coming out of player's mouths these past few days. I'm not going to defend EULA or say otherwise against it, but I am going to defend myself. Many players have been speaking out with hatred towards me and the decisions I'm making. While I understand you're entirely ignorant and have no idea what you're talking about I still feel the need to write an explanation for everyone else.

GotPvP is a business. It always has been, and always will be. The tiny amount of enjoyment I used to get from running this server was obliterated long ago by the cancerous and disgustingly hate filled players that have nothing better to do with their lives than be angry at someone else's success. I've never pretended that I run GotPvP for enjoyment or love of the game, and I never will, because that's not my primary motivation.

"Saito is a money hog! He's greedy and just wants to take your money!"

Call it what you want. I run this network to make a profit, and me doing so allows us to keep updating, bringing you new content, and making the network enjoyable to play on. I won't call out any names, but let me go ahead and tell you that all of the large network owners are friends, and if you go down the list of any voting website and read the server names I know the owners of each of those networks, and we communicate on a regular basis. We are all the exact same way, and we are all in this to make a profit. If you want to play on a network that is run by someone who just loves running a server and wants to be part of the community I would recommend you look for a small server with a couple dozen players. If you want to play on a professional grade network that can afford to employee developers and bring you new content then you might want to be here or on another large server.

I've seen too many posts saying the sale I'm running is a money grab before the server shuts down. That's simply not true. The sale is a combination of missing our anniversary sale in March due to the chaos with 1.9 update, and the need for increased funds to get us through these hard times after EULA enforcement goes into effect. It is a fact that our revenue will drastically decrease over the next few months, and I'm running a sale before that happens to collect funds to keep this network running. We won't shut down and you won't lose anything you've purchased. We will have massive expenses in terms of restructuring the network to EULA compliance if it comes to that, as well as affording developers, system administrators, artists, YouTuber's, and more. The purpose of the sale is to raise funds to cover our expenses the next couple of months while we will be going negative and not making a profit.

If you don't want to purchase anything during the sale then don't. It really doesn't matter to me; I'll simply dip into my personal savings to keep us running. But don't whine and complain and act like the child you are on the forums by spewing your hate filled ignorance in threads saying things you don't know to be true. If you're doing so you will be permanently banned, as I'm tired of putting up with you.

For those of you that truly understand our situation and what we're doing here; thank you, I appreciate you more than you can imagine. I want to keep GotPvP running and I will do so, but how easily that happens and how quickly the transition occurs is dependent on the community. For those that still support us you have my gratitude.

Thanks.

Comments

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Saito, May 3, 2016.