Click to Copy
play.gotpvp.com

Global Revamp Info & FAQ! #1

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jelly, Mar 21, 2019.

By Jelly on Mar 21, 2019 at 1:46 PM
  1. Jelly

Jelly Lead Manager
    Staff Member Lead Manager Management

Discord ID:
    Jelly#2002
    [​IMG]
    Weekly Update #1

Hey everyone!

So instead of tagging the discord every day to give you guys updates, it's easier and better to start using the forums more. From now on every week I will make an update post with all the progress we have made towards the revamp, along with any news.

First up, what is going on with the revamp? Well.. as you all know the server was left alone for a good few months, and it's not really in the best way. So me and Chris decided the best thing for it would be a total revamp of the entire network. This includes resetting every server.

The hub is getting a total makeover with sexy new builds and some dope hub features. Skyblock will also be getting a total makeover, we have listened to your opinions so be ready for a blast from the past. Mostly everyone hated OP Prison so you will be pleased to know we have completely scrapped it and we will be going back to the OG Prison days. Creative and Survival will be making a return! More updates on that soon.

QNA I will answer some of the main questions here.

How long will this all take?
    Currently there is no ETA on the revamp, due to the vast amount there is to do we're looking at a minimum of 3 weeks.

Will bans reset?
    You hacking losers will be pleased to know they will! All bans, mutes and warnings will reset. This does not include chargebacks.

Whats going on with the staff team? You will see a drastic change within the team over the next few weeks. To start with, All staff ranks apart from helpers will be global. All staff managers will be in charge of a section of the server. Eg skyblock, factions, prison, creative and survival.

Who tf are you? My names James, most people call me Jelly. I've been around Minecraft for just over 6 years and managing servers for a good 3. I don't like idiots or Furrys so if you're either of them stay away!

And just to finish off, if you guys have ANY questions regarding myself or the server please don't hesitate to ask!

~Jelly!

Comments

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jelly, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Superfighter6
    2. bcopeland924
    3. Lady Endirian
      Lady Endirian
      Cant wait for survival to come back, I miss my ol' baby.
    4. itsBware
      itsBware
      when does the server reset
    5. Jelly
      Jelly
      Bruh.
    6. Jookystryker
      Jookystryker
      3 weeks from today? or 3 weeks from 3/16/19?
    7. Jelly
      Jelly
      I'd say from today.
    8. 1by
      1by
      hEy looks cool cutie
    9. Jelly
      Jelly
      Thanks cupcake.
    10. DeaconHo
      DeaconHo
      epic!
      Jelly likes this.
    11. xGavinScottx
      xGavinScottx
      Are you changing ranks or gkits? I poured a lot of money into Caesar, hades, and Poseidon. If you're changing, will I receive vouchers or price equivalent? Thanks
      Bailey6000 likes this.
    12. Rzmix
    13. Jelly
      Jelly
      They might be getting a revamp, nothing drastic. Some are very crappy and some are stupidly overpowered. Ranks will stay the same other than some small perm changes.
      xGavinScottx likes this.
    14. iharthaters24
      iharthaters24
      will gotcore be used
      will voting be much more heavily asked for like it was in the past
      will there be the older hub?
      will there be AU and EU Proxies
      Will duels come back before minigames
      will you advertise gotpvp on the minecraft voting websites and any other popular forums
      will the spoofing of playercounts be fixed
      will youtubers be used to regain players on gotpvp
      will creative plots be backed up before reset so people can download their plots
    15. Jelly
      Jelly
      1) What do you mean by this?
      2) We couldn't get any of the old builds, so no we will be having a fresh new one made.
      3) You automatically get routed to the closest server.
      4) Duels will indeed be making a return.
      5) Obviously gotpvp will be on the main voting websites, and yes.. we will have other advertising.
      6) Yes, we wont be doing that.
      7) If we find some good ones, yes.. I don't see why not.
      8) All data from the old creative has been saved.
    16. iharthaters24
      iharthaters24
      who have you asked about old builds? there are a couple people who have them
    17. Jelly
      Jelly
      Not sure on the names, i know one of them was danger. Regardless the builds for hub have been ordered. Only builds that still need to be ordered is prison and survival.
    18. iharthaters24
      iharthaters24
      oh nvm i could have gotten u a couple maps but nvm u seem to be already building
    19. Bo_
      Bo_
      Will player ranks transfer on the reset or do people have to buy there ranks again
      TrayCrafty likes this.