Click to Copy
play.gotpvp.com

Global Revamp Info & FAQ! #1

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jelly, Mar 21, 2019.

By Jelly on Mar 21, 2019 at 1:46 PM
  1. Jelly

Jelly Lead Manager
    Staff Member Lead Manager Management

Discord ID:
    Jelly#2002
    [​IMG]
    Weekly Update #1

Hey everyone!

So instead of tagging the discord every day to give you guys updates, it's easier and better to start using the forums more. From now on every week I will make an update post with all the progress we have made towards the revamp, along with any news.

First up, what is going on with the revamp? Well.. as you all know the server was left alone for a good few months, and it's not really in the best way. So me and Chris decided the best thing for it would be a total revamp of the entire network. This includes resetting every server.

The hub is getting a total makeover with sexy new builds and some dope hub features. Skyblock will also be getting a total makeover, we have listened to your opinions so be ready for a blast from the past. Mostly everyone hated OP Prison so you will be pleased to know we have completely scrapped it and we will be going back to the OG Prison days. Creative and Survival will be making a return! More updates on that soon.

QNA I will answer some of the main questions here.

How long will this all take?
    Currently there is no ETA on the revamp, due to the vast amount there is to do we're looking at a minimum of 3 weeks.

Will bans reset?
    You hacking losers will be pleased to know they will! All bans, mutes and warnings will reset. This does not include chargebacks.

Whats going on with the staff team? You will see a drastic change within the team over the next few weeks. To start with, All staff ranks apart from helpers will be global. All staff managers will be in charge of a section of the server. Eg skyblock, factions, prison, creative and survival.

Who tf are you? My names James, most people call me Jelly. I've been around Minecraft for just over 6 years and managing servers for a good 3. I don't like idiots or Furrys so if you're either of them stay away!

And just to finish off, if you guys have ANY questions regarding myself or the server please don't hesitate to ask!

~Jelly!

Comments

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jelly, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Chilly
      Chilly
      Not really convinicing people to donate then if it will most likely close down after a year or two so what's the point investing, the only thing you guys have to work with is the servers old playbase, minecraft isn't as popular anymore and you probably aren't going to find 1000+ completely new players that are willing to donate and play actively, you must appeal to the community, gta was a small community of around 100 but probably had the third highest income next to factions and prison.
    2. Jelly
      Jelly
      It's not going to happen.
      Chilly likes this.
    3. mhammy532
      mhammy532
      If I bought a plot on the OG prison a WHILE ago (a few years). Will I still have it when the revamp is over? I did not play OP prison so I'm not sure if I had it in that.
    4. Jelly
      Jelly
      No you wont.
    5. TruDubstep
      TruDubstep
      Will the perks of having a particular rank still be the same as before?
      [​IMG]
      Weekly Update #1

Hey everyone!

So instead of tagging the discord every day to give you guys updates, it's easier and better to start using the forums more. From now on every week I will make an update post with all the progress we have made towards the revamp, along with any news.

First up, what is going on with the revamp? Well.. as you all know the server was left alone for a good few months, and it's not really in the best way. So me and Chris decided the best thing for it would be a total revamp of the entire network. This includes resetting every server.

The hub is getting a total makeover with sexy new builds and some dope hub features. Skyblock will also be getting a total makeover, we have listened to your opinions so be ready for a blast from the past. Mostly everyone hated OP Prison so you will be pleased to know we have completely scrapped it and we will be going back to the OG Prison days. Creative and Survival will be making a return! More updates on that soon.

QNA I will answer some of the main questions here.

How long will this all take?
      Currently there is no ETA on the revamp, due to the vast amount there is to do we're looking at a minimum of 3 weeks.

Will bans reset?
      You hacking losers will be pleased to know they will! All bans, mutes and warnings will reset. This does not include chargebacks.

Whats going on with the staff team? You will see a drastic change within the team over the next few weeks. To start with, All staff ranks apart from helpers will be global. All staff managers will be in charge of a section of the server. Eg skyblock, factions, prison, creative and survival.

Who tf are you? My names James, most people call me Jelly. I've been around Minecraft for just over 6 years and managing servers for a good 3. I don't like idiots or Furrys so if you're either of them stay away!

And just to finish off, if you guys have ANY questions regarding myself or the server please don't hesitate to ask!

~Jelly!
      [/QUOTE]
    6. TruDubstep
      TruDubstep
      Will there be fatkid i missed that mini game alot of OGs want em back
    7. Bailey6000
      Bailey6000
      Fatkid was dead for years, just like GTA. Neither have much chance of returning.
      Jelly likes this.
    8. Jelly