Hey everyone, and welcome to the official announcement thread for the Survival revamp!
I will be going over everything that's being added/changed in this thread.
But before I get into that, let it be known that the release date for this revamp is..
Saturday, September 8th at 4 PM EST (1 PM PST, 8 PM GMT)
What about the stuff I bought this map?
- You will be getting it all back!
- We acknowledge the fact that the first Survival map was pretty disastrous, which is why we are deciding to reset it so quickly.
- Since we do not have crate keys or a lot of the other things players may have purchased during this Survival reset, we will be reimbursing players with Store Giftcards.
Jobs & Ranks
- There is now a progression aspect to Survival.
- There is a total of 9 ranks to progress through, starting with "Outsider"
- The rank names with their respective rankup cost are the following:
- Outsider | Free
- Jester | $1,000 in-game money
- Gatherer | $5,000 in-game money
- Hunter | $20,000 in-game money
- Rider | $50,000 in-game money
- Scout | $100,000 in-game money
- Warrior | $250,000 in-game money
- Elder | $1,000,000 in-game money
- Chief | $5,000,000 in-game money
- Each of the ranks listed above have assigned Jobs.
- The amount of money that you can earn from these Jobs will scale up as you progress through the ranks.
- The way the Jobs work is similar to how a Prison server functions.
- Here is a list of each rank with their respective jobs:
- Outsider | Dirt Mine, Stone Mine, Oak Wood Mine
- Jester | Fishing Port, Carrot Farm
- Gatherer | Sugar Cane Farm, Rabbit Pen
- Hunter | Mob Arena #1, Sheep Pen, Melon Farm
- Rider | Mob Arena #2, Cow Pen, Potato Farm
- Scout | Jungle Wood Mine, Guardian Cave, Ore Mine
- Warrior | Nether Temple, Squid Farm
- Elder | Obsidian Pit, Sand Pit, Birch Log Mine
- Chief | Mob Arena #3, Witch Hut
- We have switched claiming systems to World Guard.
- The maximum amount of blocks that you can claim in one claim is 500,000.
- The amount of claims that you can create is dependent on your current progression rank:
- Outsider | 1 claim
- Jester | 2 claims
- Gatherer | 4 claims
- Hunter | 6 claims
- Rider | 10 claims
- Scout | 15 claims
- Warrior | 25 claims
- Elder | 35 claims
- Chief | 50 claims
- Default players can not create a claim with a larger radius than 100x100
- Claims cost $2,500 in-game money to create.
- You can flag your regions with flags like pvp, potionsplash, chestaccess, use, interact, etc...
- This new claiming systems allows players much more access and customization of their claims
- There is a total of 3 public towns. Spawn Town, Bradford & Runswick.
- There is literally 100+ rent-able houses, mansions & hotels throughout these towns.
- You can rent these buildings with in-game money, and pay for them on weekly basis.
- Once you have these buildings rented, you can build inside of them, and once you're done renting them whatever you have built inside will automatically clear.
- If players created extremely nice towns with a large selection of houses/hotels, we will add them to the list of towns (/towns)
- Clarification: This is not a Towny server, nor do we have any of the Towny systems. We just added this as a cool extra feature.
- There is a total of 5 free worlds that everyone can explore and build on.
- 3 of these worlds are normal overworlds, 1 is the end, and the last one is the nether.
- The 3 overworlds are 25,000 by 25,000 blocks each.
- The end & nether are 10,000 by 10,000 blocks each.
- More worlds will be added if necessary.
- Spawners will not be purchasable from the server shop.
- We didn't want Survival to be another server that requires players to afk spawners 24/7 to have a chance.
- The main way you obtain money on this server is from your ranks Job.
- Spawners are obtainable through rank progression, and finding them in the free worlds.
- There is a Mall!
- You can rent shops from the server Mall.
- You can place your Shopkeepers in your shop in the Mall to sell or buy items from other players.
- The Mall is advertised in chat on the server, so there should be a lot of traffic to this warp.
- Pay To Win
- There are no crate keys on Survival
- We want Survival to be a very PLAY to win server.
- Ranks will have access to "VIP Shops" that give slight buffs to sell prices (Like +25%), that's the only economy effecting feature that ranks will have.
- Ranks will also have access to commands like /fly, /feed, etc.. but nothing insane.
- Resource World
- There is a small world called the "Resource World"
- This world has an increased ore spawn rate, and an increased spawner spawn rate.
- This world will automatically reset every week.
- This world is extremely profitable to obtain resources from every week, it will almost be like a weekly event.
- mcMMO Rewards
- Leveling up skills like Fishing, Excavation, Mining & Woodcutting is extremely profitable on this server.
- You will randomly receive money pouches, spawners, donor kits, OP gear, OP tools and more when fishing, mining, excavating and woodcutting.
- The chance of receiving the rewards described above increases as your mcMMO level for these skills increases.
- The minimum level to receive rewards is Lvl 100.
- ALL BUGS FIXED
- Obviously a very big point to make.
- The last Survival server was extremely buggy, and borderline unplayable.
- We have completely deleted the old Survival setup and started from scratch, so all of the existing survival bugs are no longer relevant.