Click to Copy
play.gotpvp.com

Gotpvps hit a new low

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by iharthaters24, Jan 10, 2019.

1. iharthaters24

iharthaters24 Active Member

First ide like to start off and say sorry to any new people who had to join gotpvp after Saito left i am truly sorry for your loss in content and longevity of any activity amongst gotpvp.
    Gotpvp opened in 2013 on April 16th and since has made major strides in content and game modes unpopular and popular.Over the years minecraft pc edition premium has died and has become a thing of the past which i will accept but, there still is a community for minecraft and decently large spread over multiple variables such as playstation, xbox, pc, non-premium pc and mobile all still together having a combined effort with a reasonable player count daily.Gotpvp has made huge strides when it came to one of its older gamemodes GTA for at the time of its release was well ahead of its time and brought a huge chunk of players to gotpvp because of how advanced it is after Sarcastic_Taco's Death GTA has since then died as he was the last remaining staff member for gta who was a Admin.GTA Died due to way too many bugs and managing a complete custom plugin based game mode like that is extremely difficult, none the less possible to run.In 2014 gotpvps Prison released along with other big gamemodes at the time like Skyblock (popularized by youtubers such as mudkip and SkydoesMinecraft) which brought a immense amount of people to gotpvp the prison count daily and nightly was over 300 because of that the server crashed multiple times throughout the day because of how many people played the server at one time as long with other gamemodes at this time Factions was gaining massive attention to the youtube community and so was gotpvp with smaller youtubers like Jakerendalcraft and KingCow Factions at this time was in a really good time for what it was worth sitting roughly around 200-300 people online daily avg was really good and along with the older custom system like Tnt bows and jump pads for factions back then.Kitpvp and oppvp were not knew in any aspect but on gotpvp the idea was Pay2Win which most people would see as a bad thing but when you statistically look at it, it was a great idea that worked out with an exceptional outcome due to the Dev team and staff team at the time ran by really friendly people and most people are friendly but not like the originals, SteamPunkShuffle, Rhondeau, Orion100 and DJAedos
    All great people Pay2Win worked on gotpvp because it forced people to buy a rank and when they did the possibilities were virtually unlimited and you were immediately op and were able to get tons of more kills or whatever you were wanting a rank at the time for.The Fan Base was insanely nice but incredibly toxic as well which a combination brings unity to gotpvp which made it an exceptional playerbase which it sustained for many years after its prime because the playerbase was in a unity balanced as everything should be.The Dev team of 2014 consisted of 1 person the legendary Btilm305 (after Gotmilk2014's resignment along with SgtTailors resignment) He managed all 15 gotpvp server by himself which to any dev now would seem impossible for gotpvps nearly 3k player fanbase servers being CTF, Fatkid, Splegg, hungergames, skywars, kitpvp, oppvp, Prison, skyblock, survival, factions, gta, hub (yes hub had its own community), Duels and, Creative.This is in gotpvps prime none the less and was a great deal for gotpvp.2015 gotpvp seen many changes this year the Resignment of Dmg_Pro J0rdiis Resign SteamPunkShuffles Resign AceAmys Promotion Seans Promotion along with other big people at the time.The playercount was slowly dropping but it was still over 2k players Factions had a really good reset at the time, hub changed from the classic hub to a Ship hub then it changed to the one everyone knows as the 2016 Gotpvp hub.Prison seen one of its best resets ever Skyblock had a HUGE update with how the game was played.Fatkid died off Ctf was shut down hungergames met its final days from players trying to get people to join games, skywars shut down Gta Just released its newest reset and is now moving twards one of its peaks Duels was making big strides this is a time when the anti-cheat was half decent.Gotpvp was looking good and doing fine for its time but when all the servers started dissapearing is when everything went wrong.2016. Gotpvp officialy was on a downfall due to minecraft becoming less popular and players not interested as much gotpvps peak playercount of 2016 was 1,446 (or something closer) which in retrospect is very good but its less than 2k Mineplex was well over 60k players Hypixel was on the rise and gotpvp was dying very fast Factions and prison reset were both looked at with harsh eyes so was most of the server with the struggle from players to bring back old dead gamemodes to players who ddosed gotpvp was truely starting to die then it got hit with its biggest problem the EULA agreement killed gotpvp but, gotpvps playerbase was insanely good at the time gotpvp forums was looking at over 50 people online 24/7 discord was at about 2k members with half online they shut down the gotpvp ts as well. in 2018 gotpvp met its end when saito left saito was the heart and soul of gotpvp when the ownership transsfered so did the community Serayne killed an entire servers history in a single year by removing the entire fanbase for a single server (Factions) sure he did bring back numbers on gotpvp for a couple months but i knew it wouldnt last at all due to the fact that the community wanted Saito even though he was a "shitty owner" some would say people knew the consiquences of the transfer and people hated it both way but perfered saito as he knew what the community wants Serayne sees Gotpvp as a cash hall which it was at one point but he doesnt understand what the community wants the content he brought into gotpvp was arkhams from 2014 and 15 nothing was new all used up content and not to mention and drive and feeling old players had had officialy left with this has serayne had killed gotpvp i did not cover everything as this thread would be way too long but i will say that i will be adding more to this thread soon
    --Edit--
    2017 was a interesting year a whole lote happened Ariewan getting blacklisted for being Bumpkin101 and Cuted Being banned for Duping on prison some of the major events as well as the Factions Whitelist from dupes these were huge problems with gotpvp Prison was on the downfall but with stil a decent active community even though pvp wasnt always happening there were sometimes when pvp was great for some times prison would hit over 100 which then was rare but it happened sometimes those were good days and the 12x to 16x sell boosters were nice but i perfer the grind of 2016 8x 1 token for 1k blocks mined instead for 500 blocks for 1 token that was good and made it a grind.
    Gta finally died and closed Taco died from cancer Oppvp and kitpvp seen record lows and eventually shut down to be remade because of the complaints and lack of a community.
    Opprison became a thing and had major backlash due to the fact that 1 were would the prison 2 community go and who would play opprison.Prison 1 in 2016 was too toxic to have staff so it was just madness in there it was the Beauty of Annihilation....kinda.There are other big events like Kitpvp and oppvp DoomsDayBringer Coming back for it with the 2 famous guilds DOOMSPG and DOOMS which were the highest guild on kit and op with over 21k points each server and doomspg being at 12k+ on both.Factions Got whitelisted in the summer of 2017 due to a dupe and effected gotpvp a decent amount and lost and gained players. Skyblock was doing fine as usual with well over 100 players.ONe thing i do remember was gotpvps Drop in 2017 summer gotpvp was at about 200 players and over the summer increased to 600+ players which was really good for gotpvp then and worked for some time after that though gotpvp fell and for the first time ever went below 100 members in over 4 years which was crazy and gotpvp was basically dead only usually 100 people on daily gotpvp needed something since the gotpvp 2.0 flopped and brought nno one over 150k people joined but about 1% or 2% stayed Gotpvp relaunched and hyped up prison as being just like the 2014 one that everyone wanted back and it was succesfull at 1st.We were promised a grind when in reality 1st day someone got 100mil.Not exactly a grind.Survival seen a good update from gotpvp a really good one that brought it alive for about 5 months sitting over 70 members for half a year was a improvement for the community as before it was at about 20-30 members which i would call succesful Saito also relaunched the much wanted FatKid which was always full on release when he released it gotpvp went from (when i was on during the launch) from 100 to 300 players anticipated to play Fatkid Since everyone wanted it before saito left i did see 2 Gamemodes on /server there was Skywars and Hungergames they were in the works of being made but never released saddly. Saito has given a lot to this community over the years and im barley hitting the top of it this is more of a summary and complaint against serayne as he knows nothing about the community and is clearly against it when he said he didn't care about it.He changed the classic rank system that sat for 5 years which everyone liked and he changed it for no reason i would have been fine with new ranks above Deity or below Noble but there was no reason to Remove ranks and Perks from them Deity + Challenger Was op and after the switch it wasnt even combined to be #1 Rank on the list which is insane because deity costed 300$ off sale (which has been off sale multiple times) Challenger off sale was over 100$ (has been once or twice) Not even thinking about other ranks like Fatkid skywars Hub-Dweller Donor, Elite, VIP ranks he didn't give everyone everything back he gave a small majority back and that furthered the backlash as he failed to bring the community something they wanted thus killing the server but this time not with the loyal players with new players.Saitos community was loyal and is still loyal to him as he has his own discord with over 100 people in it loyal to him because he is Saito the one true owner of gotpvp Serayne Goes against Gotpvp while his wife dislikes Seraynes ideas ive talked to her she perfers old gotpvp to the new one Ironically this is their biggest server atm which clearly shows Saito has done better than serayne sure you could call it Seraynes numbers but people dont know the owner of gotpvp as Serayne he will be more known to the "Death" of gotpvp With all this said bring old gotpvp back i have the maps the hubs and some of the plugins feel free to pm me. ~iharthaters24
    --Edit--
    List of Everyone
    Original Owners
    Saito16
    (Only ever co owner) - OrgyMofo
    ----------------------------
    Notible Members:
    Jam123321
    Chancegator
    DJAedos
    Sarcastic_Taco
    SprHero
    InDepthGravity
    J0rdii_
    AceAmy
    SteamPunkShuffle
    TexDave
    Hadonicus
    FayR
    hihihih565
    OregonDuckHAWK
    SpeedyFoHawk
    OceanMotion
    Silly_dudez
    ScottDavo
    Samota
    ShadowKobra
    Morzaiden
    --Edit--

#1 iharthaters24, Jan 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  2. Choragus

Choragus Well-Known Member
    King Challenger

Discord ID:
    Damagex11#9413
    What 0-0 too much reading

Asymmetrically likes this.
  3. Asymmetrically

Asymmetrically Hey, that's pretty good
    Noble Titan

Holy shit dude, i had to read it all, i remember the good old days of this server, even though im not that of an old member (joined maybe at the end of 2014?)

4. Choragus

King Challenger

Discord ID:
    Damagex11#9413
    this nibba types too much im not reading it sum it up please

5. Jam123661

Jam123661 [Gotpvp Global Admn]
    Deity

Hihi was an official co owner.

_Catalina_ likes this.
  6. Choragus

King Challenger

Discord ID:
    Damagex11#9413
    noob!

Jam123661 likes this.
  7. Asymmetrically

Asymmetrically Hey, that's pretty good
    Noble Titan

Cow owner*

Jam123661 and Choragus like this.
  8. Choragus

King Challenger

Discord ID:
    Damagex11#9413
    haha big funny xd good maymay

Asymmetrically likes this.
  9. oceanmotion

oceanmotion Builder
    Deity Champion

Discord ID:
    xJames#3303
    I see my name, I am happy

_Catalina_, Choragus and Jam123661 like this.
  10. Shade

Shade Well-Known Member

11. Choragus

King Challenger

Discord ID:
    Damagex11#9413
  12. IIFlashII

IIFlashII Fastest man alive

I agree with everything said in this, but rip my name since I was staff 3 different times back in those days and I was friend with Haydonicus Scott_Davo and Steam, ahhhhhhhh good ol days.

Choragus likes this.
  13. Choragus

King Challenger

Discord ID:
    Damagex11#9413
    hmm

14. Choragus

King Challenger

Discord ID:
    Damagex11#9413
    too many misconseptions about gotpvps playerbase its pathetic what new players think they know about gotpvp is a really unrealistic view of gotpvp when it was under saito sure it would have died but it would have been a much more respectable death that serayne completely ruining the server with Arkham bullshit im sorry but its too true that Serayne doesnt know anything about the community at all and what he thinks he knows isnt the gotpvp fan base its the new fan base not the old loyal fanbase that left because serayne couldnt keep gotpvp decent

15. _Catalina_

_Catalina_ Moderator
    Deity Warlord

Where is my name?

I'm kidding I wasn't OG or whatever you call it ;)

But Preach :)

16. Choragus

King Challenger

Discord ID:
    Damagex11#9413
    I was the one who kept u on the server in the start ;)

_Catalina_ likes this.
  17. DeaconHo

DeaconHo StaffBot/Youtuber
    Staff Member Senior Mod Deity Champion

Discord ID:
    DeaconHo 何家人#3571
    Oh my God this is long.