Click to Copy
play.gotpvp.com

How Is This At All Fair?

Discussion in 'Survival' started by xAbacus, Nov 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xAbacus

xAbacus New Member

UltimateGamerrZ likes this.
  2. Alfielol

Alfielol Active Member

Discord ID:
    Preston#3609
    i think its a lot better, there was no real use of Gold. Except if you were a hoarder or if you wanted to sell it, although the gold doesn't sell for much. The lotto, i like it a lot better this way, i'm not sure about anyone else but i think that its improved.

3. xAbacus

xAbacus New Member

@xAlfie How is this at all better? It just creates a game consisting of maybe 30 people of whom can purchase tickets with a GENUINE chance of winning. Of course, there will always be the outlier winning millions with 1 ticket, however, I feel the chances of that occurring are so unlikely now. While I agree that using money rather than gold is the better option in terms of gameplay, something HAS to be done to prevent the economic domination of the top few players, and I'm sure you can agree with me on that. Because there is NO way that what is depicted in the picture above can be justified as 'fair'.

Obama out.

tannermiller likes this.
  4. tannermiller

tannermiller New Member

i like lotto but maybe there should be a ticket limit? Abacus is right we can't let the 1% have all the money. let's make it more even, where even a fresh player could have a decent chance to win.

5. Alfielol

Alfielol Active Member

Discord ID:
    Preston#3609
    I agree that people who are less experienced or have little money would definitely have a very unlikely chance of winning if they entered, to not only lose, but i think it's a lot better because it does share money around.

Although, it would be nice for a ticket limit, maybe 300-500 tickets Max would be very nice, even though this is still very high, it would reduce the amount that richer or more wealthy people could buy and people with littler money would have at least a better chance of winning.

DrPvper likes this.
  6. ModernBusiness

ModernBusiness New Member

The current system is more like a "raffle", since the winning ticket gets picked among those who participated. I think a better solution is to be able to pick a number from let's say 1-1000 every time you purchase a lotto ticket. The winning "lotto number" would then be generated. If someone wins then the pot resets to 0.

7. xAbacus

xAbacus New Member

@ModernBusiness I really like the notion of lotto numbers, however, I don't see how that prevents the economic domination at hand. For someone with large amounts of money can still buy mass amounts of tickets, having the same effect as the current system. I believe a ticket limit is necessary, and the average /bal of EVERYONE should be taken into account before deciding on the ticket limit, making it as fair of a system as possible.

We obviously need an admins view on the issue.

8. Bailey6000

Bailey6000 Guest

We need a 10 ticket limit like skyblock to limit this, levelling the playing field

SomeKidsBrother likes this.
  9. UltimateGamerrZ

UltimateGamerrZ New Member

i agree with you there

10. xAbacus

xAbacus New Member

11. SomeKidsBrother

SomeKidsBrother Active Member

Agreed

12. Alfielol

Alfielol Active Member

Discord ID:
    Preston#3609
    what makes you think it was duped man ? :/

13. Lady Endirian

Lady Endirian Member

Discord ID:
    Rosschan#1640
    Why has no one asked the person in possession of the money?

14. tannermiller

tannermiller New Member

3-500 is what we are dealing with right now.... the ticket limit, to actually show a difference, would need to be set much lower. I think 50 is even too high. 10 seems too low, though.

15. DrPvper

DrPvper Well-Known Member

Discord ID:
    DrPvper#1471
  16. xAbacus

xAbacus New Member

@tannermiller I agree totally, 300-500 is way too high, I think something like 50 is the way to go. The way /lottery is abused currently is absurd and promotes NO growth among the wider majority of players.

17. EmmetDash

EmmetDash Member

10 or 15 seems fare. it will give everyone a chance.

18. xAbacus

xAbacus New Member

horseman784 had a great idea, which should be considered; A 'high rollers' lottery. Basically, this lottery has a minimum purchase in order to buy in, or more expensive tickets, while the other lotto has a ticket limit enforced, as mentioned above. I think this allows for the minority with the majority of the money to contest among themselves, with decent competition, whilst also allowing the majority with the minority of the money to contest in their own lotto, again with fair competition.

19. 365fps(elchapo1738)

Survival is broken and needs major fixing #MakeSurvivalGreatAgain

Lady Endirian likes this.
  20. Lady Endirian

Lady Endirian Member

Discord ID:
    Rosschan#1640
    For once I actually agree with you, survival is destroyed! There are too many exploits and issues which ruin the gameplay. #MakeSurvivalGreatAgain

Bailey6000 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.