Click to Copy
play.gotpvp.com

I enjoy this server but this is just a joke now...

Discussion in 'Survival' started by xElsa, Jul 24, 2018.

1. xElsa

xElsa New Member

Ok I think it's about time we get some answers regarding what's happening with survival. It hasn't been working properly since the revamp and not only is it causing the players grief but it is also causing staff grief (poor jenn had to claim like 6 people's regions when she was on and she was trying to build a parkour event to at least get some kind of activity in the server.)

Now, I can understand that factions and prison are the main money grabbers, and I am realistic enough to understand that they will get at least some sort of prioritization over survival as there are more players, but the most annoying thing in this whole saga to me has been the "don't worry, the devs are going to fix it soon" since literally the first day of the revamp. I legitimately can't think of one major thing that has been fixed and as a result, the player base has dwindled.

At least some kind of start would be highly appreciated by all the player base and staff alike. I understand there are a few "new things" which are supposed to be added but honestly we are happy to just have some form of basic system in place while the devs focus on facs/ prison. Worst case scenario, the new things that were due to be added in survival can be held off until the next survival reset where hopefully they can actually be implemented smoothly instead of what happened this reset.

The biggest issue right now is claiming and honestly that's the one which really needs to be fixed ASAP.

I have spoken to a lot of people and even though worldguard can be confusing to new players I think it would be a good idea to just implement this back for the time being so that players can at least claim and add flags to their regions. Besides, a lot of players are familiar with this system and can help out with the new players. Considering at the moment most of the new players are just leaving, its a big improvement over what we have currently.

I believe if you fix this one big issue, players will start to trickle back to survival, and as a result you will get more money from players attempting to get things from crates.

I would like to start compiling a list of other things that need fixing (if you can think of anything else, please do comment) but please for the love of Saito16 fix the claiming or set a date in stone for us when it will be done!

Things to be fixed:
    -Claiming (please please dear lord fix the claiming)
    -Ability to build in The End
    -The nether needs to be added
    -Ability to use McMMO credits on ALL skills rather than excluding a few (also removing the McMMO caps for some of the more innocuous skills like woodcutting and mining would not go astray. I have bought a lot of crates/ gkits and I am completely out of things to spend credits on, which is basically the only reason I spent money)
    -All or nothing with the swearing rule. It seems stupid that people on prison and facs are allowed to swear while we can't on survival. Hell, I've seen serayne shout stuff even Gordon Ramsay would cringe at from facs which we can all see on survival which sort of defeats the purpose of that stupid rule. So either make it everybody can swear regardless of server or nobody can.
    -Spam/ Caps/ IP filters are annoying as they can prevent normal speech and even saying people's names can be challenging if there is more than 1 capital letter in a row.
    -Sell wands should not work in claimed regions.

#1 xElsa, Jul 24, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  2. bluezs

bluezs New Member

Discord ID:
    bluezs#2852
    I totally agree!

_Catalina_ and xElsa like this.
  3. Shadowright

Shadowright New Member

I am not one who plays survival but with Finder17 as my brother IRL. I hear him complain about survival a lot. He agrees that the server needs some fixing or else should be taken down entirely with the way it is right now. At this point if even claiming was just fixed, it would restore the player-base to some degree. Finder has also stated to me that WorldGuard would be better than what they have right now in place. I also do believe he has made that suggestion to staff in their chat.

4. oliver

oliver Well-Known Member

Discord ID:
    Oliver || NoHax #0018
    Hello,
    I think we all agree on what you have said, we do not have an idea of when survival will be functional again (just claiming for the time being). All we can say at the moment is that it's being worked on, I know that doesn't really mean anything because we've been saying that since 3 days after reset, but ya know, what else do I say. I've messaged josh and jenn as to when this may be resolved, but it's something they can't fix either, sadly.
    And yes Poor jenn, survival staff try to help out as much as we can so jenn can do the things we can't. But there are not many things we can help her with at the moment.
    Once claiming is fixed I hope the player base for survival will slowly increase to what it once was when it reset.
    Worst case scenario, I think they should just reset it again with the same map and go over plugins, but that's not up to me.
    Any further questions you can message me, but I do not guarantee that I can answer much at this moment in time.
    I'll also forward this to survival staff to see what we can do without a dev.
    - NoHax

5. xElsa

xElsa New Member

Totally agree, it's such a shame to see the survival community in the state it is in now, as it used to be able to compete with factions with the amount of players. What makes it even sadder for me is that the main problems are not difficult to fix, it just seems to have been completely overlooked. Whether by mistake or on purpose is the real question, but considering the amount of time AND complaints that have been lodged I would lean toward the latter.

_Catalina_ likes this.
  6. xElsa

xElsa New Member

Thanks NoHax, I know it's not the staff's fault the server is like it is and I know a lot of the staff are just as frustrated as the players are. It's clearly an issue higher up (not sure if relating to the devs or the owners but you get the point).

It really does suck that the only answer we can get is "wait and see" but I appreciate you at least putting in the effort to get some sort of resolution.

I have heard a lot of players say that they will be back once the claiming is fixed which is why the lack of action on this issue has me so confused. Considering facs reset is coming shortly I am not holding my breath for it to happen in the next few days, but hopefully it can happen within the next week.

I have put a lot of time and money (I am pretty sure I have spent the most on survival) into this map so I am really hoping it doesn't get reset again but in all honesty I would just prefer the server to work properly (mind you there are people who have spent money who would be furious if it got reset again).

Lastly I really appreciate your response. When writing this thread, it occurred to me it would be ignored altogether so I appreciate the time you took to reply.

_Catalina_ likes this.
  7. DrPvper

DrPvper Well-Known Member

Discord ID:
    DrPvper#1471
  8. Warriorwax123

Warriorwax123 New Member

Discord ID:
    Droozy#9457
    Its just so fucking stupid.

We have been bitching about needing stuff to be fixed for almost a month. Then every few days we get "Facs has some new features" or "Heres some more pay to win items because we dont give a shit about the players, only the money you give us and we are too dumb to realize that the more we piss off our players, the less money we get"

Its obvious they are literally doing jack fucking shit.

Another major problem with the server is how much they actually tell the fanbase. Serayne and the devs have been quiet about survival. I wasted my 55 voucher on godly keys because the server didnt let us know that they were gonna be adding gkits. They only told us about them when they were actually put in.

Saito is probably laughing his ass off looking at this server rn

_Catalina_, bluezs and Mechy like this.
  9. Mechy

Mechy Well-Known Member

I bought a bunch of moabs on Prison, because they were otherwise pretty difficult to get. Then suddenly a kit is added to give you a stack every 3 days, and my money was wasted. I no longer play GotPVP because of this and other reasons :rolleyes:

_Catalina_ likes this.
  10. TRAKR64

TRAKR64 New Member

i see about 10 players join survival when im online and the server shoots up this big welcome msg and im not on very long when i see about 10 new people join and they are on for about 20 mins and ask how they can claim and then they leave and dont log back in because its pretty unplayable without claiming

_Catalina_ likes this.
  11. iNKsta1n

iNKsta1n New Member

I also have a post in the help section regarding the bogus spam kicks. Fully agree that claiming is a big issue and I prefer not to play gotpvp and refuse to spend more money.as a result.

12. Warriorwax123

Warriorwax123 New Member

Discord ID:
    Droozy#9457
    Also to add to the list.

Redstone. Idek how they fucked that one up but pretty much any contraption you try to build doesnt work because of some server bug (and yes, the redstone contraption im trying to build is 1.8)

_Catalina_ likes this.
  13. xElsa

xElsa New Member

I was shown a way to bypass that (I assume you are talking about pistons, haven't encountered any other issues with redstone so let me know if there's anything else) but if you claim over the pistons (including the place where the block is pushed) they should work. I am referring to the new claim block system btw which can be a bit tricky to use. But you are totally right, it shouldn't be so difficult.

_Catalina_ likes this.
  14. NekoDae

NekoDae New Member

This came on discord from Serayne today, and honestly it feels almost like a punch in the guts. The bright side to this is that at least we now pretty much know where Survival stands in the priority line for server attention?

15. bluezs

bluezs New Member

Discord ID:
    bluezs#2852
    You’re so right!

16. xElsa

xElsa New Member

It's super sad, I have asked a bunch in discord and online when the reset will be and there hasn't been any response. Survival used to be right up there with facs in terms of numbers and now whenever I login there is like 3 people. I'm almost at the point of just giving up and throwing in the towel.

_Catalina_ likes this.
  17. NekoDae

NekoDae New Member

Honestly I'm at about the same point. I've tried to ask people about this and I even tried asking Serayne directly, but all I have gotten as of today is a "Amazing is working on Survival" ... I'm probably being dramatic here but honestly it seems almost like they are trying to kill the server slowly and quietly by just ignoring it and it's issues. The dwindling player base on Survival would 'justify' it, I guess?

Though from what I have seen Creative is at least the same if not worse off than Survival, since it relied so heavily on World Guard commands, and they're giving that a call for attention now...

18. oceanmotion

oceanmotion Builder

Discord ID:
    xJames#3303
    #FixCreative

_Catalina_ and Jam123661 like this.
  19. Jam123661

Jam123661 Active Member

#skincomps

oceanmotion and _Catalina_ like this.
  20. _Catalina_

_Catalina_ Active Member

I gave up on this reset for survival...
    I liked the old survival but I agree with this thread.
    If they fixed some things I might come back but mk.

Jam123661 likes this.