Click to Copy
play.gotpvp.com

its been nearly a year without survival

Discussion in 'Survival' started by montocore, Aug 2, 2019.

1. montocore

montocore New Member

hello friends,
    gotpvp survival is a thing very near and dear to my heart. i have made many friends while playing it, shared many laughs, and just remember so many good times. im sure im not the only one who misses survival-- in fact, i know a fair amount of people who have quit gotpvp for the sole reason of survival being removed. this being said, survival is being seen as a mere afterthought by the upper management of gotpvp (its beginning development is unknown at this time), and i would like this to change. the main argument for survival not being completed earlier is one, it will take a lot of development hours, and two, it doesnt bring in much money/profit for the server. i think both of these problems can easily be resolved by survival being released (preferably as soon as possible). the 25-40 (estimation) players it will bring in could bring good things for gotpvp in terms of new players, old players rejoining to see whats been up, and i believe there will be an underrated amount of profit made from survival as well. a new gamemode would excite the playerbase, and would create more diversity to go along with the others. to wrap things up, gotpvp has been without a functioning survival server for nearly a whole year now. to got management-- please bring back the server we love asap. thank you all for reading

2. Jelly

Jelly Lead Manager
    Staff Member Lead Manager Management

Discord ID:
    Jelly#2002
    There is a good reason it's not been touched.

3. Memphis1986

Memphis1986 Member

would love to see survival back, it was always full. That was until Saito sold the server to Koala Dude and then they updated Survival into something which strayed so far from what the server had always been, it was unrecognisable and plain and simply no fun. I don't think the current owners grasp what Survival Economy WAS for gotpvp, so it's near impossible for them to bring it back to be successful.

Urbanajlucas likes this.
  4. Criticals_

Criticals_ New Member

Discord ID:
    Criticals_#0518
    survival was always the best on gotpvp, i remember spending hours building and talking to people was the best!!

5. Urbanajlucas

Urbanajlucas Well-Known Member

What might that reason be? Obviously, Setting up survival would take a bit of time to do and some elbow grease but it is not rocket science. In fact, the simpler the server is... the better. Survival has been an integral part of GotPvP since its inception and it could be molded into a very successful server.

When I attempted to help revitalize Survival, I failed miserably. Why? The only focus was on profitability and everything was tailored to that. Thus, donor crates worked like a charm, but basic gameplay functions did not. On this comment, I have attached a reset document which you can use as a guide if you wish. I owe it to the community to at least provide the recipe for a solid update.

At the end of the day what y'all do about Survival is your decision,

Thanks.

6. Jelly

Jelly Lead Manager
    Staff Member Lead Manager Management

Discord ID:
    Jelly#2002
    Appreciate the comment, i'll save this document and look into it after Prison.