Click to Copy
play.gotpvp.com

Survival Beginner Tips

Discussion in 'Survival' started by Zherothefox, Apr 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zherothefox

Zherothefox New Member

Hello survival fanatics!

Here are some quick and easy suggestions for beginners.

-Mine in the wilderness- some may say that /warp mine is the best way to make cash or get minerals, but i believe that the wilderness has much more to offer.
    -Sell everything you find until you reach $1000- when you make that much cash, you are able to claim land. Claimed land is protected, and only you can build, open chests, etc. Of course, you can also change claimed land flags. Learn how to do that at /warp tutorial or ask a staff member.
    -Use your /kits!- This will give you free tools with great enchants. If you rank up to Noble, Knight, etc., you'll have better kits.
    -Don't accept random tps- many players on the server are there to help, but some are there to make your life miserable and scam you. Gain someones trust before working with them!
    -Make farms- after you get your own claimed land, make farms! iron/gold farms will help you the most. They earn you plenty of $!
    -Do not scam-people will know if you scammed, and the community will not be willing to help you.
    -Sell items on the market- the /market has a variety of items players have to offer. You can put items on the market for much more cash than you can make in the shop!

There are many more tips out there, these are just the basics! Please post any other tips you have down below.

Youbetheanchor_ and xKyliee like this.
  2. Drokovian

Drokovian Member

More tips:
    -Don't tick off the staff/players who say they are having a bad day (That's my job)
    -Read /warp rules so that you know what's right and what's wrong on survival to do
    -Don't attempt to X-ray to get easy money, cause our server is the land of the X-ray Slayer, Scott_Davo, and in addition we have a couple admins who nab every X-rayer they can...
    -Claim your region as big as you can when you do it, like 108 x 108 x 256, where 108 is the length/width then 256 is the height, so that way you get a nice big space that's protected from bedrock to sky limit. After all max limit is 3 million blocks and 108 x 108 x 256 = 2,985,984 which is pretty close.
    -Don't feel ashamed if you have to ask for help with claiming cause /warp tutorial is difficult for a lot of people to understand (unless you were like me as a nub and already knew the gist of World Guard 6 before you looked at /warp tutorial)
    -If you join a /party, you can have the option of having mcmmo, exp or items shared with you at the leader's disgression in addition to party members (fellow party members can't kill you directly)

xKyliee and Zherothefox like this.
  3. Urbanajlucas

Urbanajlucas Well-Known Member

Defiantly some excellent tips, keep them up @Zherothefox - And drok you as well, although some of your tip's are little 'out there' :p :p

Anyways, excellent thread! Keep up the good work m8 :D

-Urby

Zherothefox likes this.
  4. xKyliee

xKyliee Well-Known Member

Discord ID:
    xKyliee#6947
    Remember to vote clicking BOTH links in chat when prompted
    Message any Mod with any concerning or unsure topics with questions here on the forum to get better answers that may take longer to answer
    i do all the time..
    ALL!.... THE!... TIME!

thanks for the advice Zerothefox

5. Drokovian

Drokovian Member

Like "-Don't attempt to X-ray to get easy money, cause our server is the land of the X-ray Slayer, Scott_Davo, and in addition we have a couple admins who nab every X-rayer they can..."

You would be surprised how many people get banned on survival a month for x-ray Urbana if you mean a little "out there".

6. Urbanajlucas

I was referring to this :p :p :p

7. Drokovian

Drokovian Member

Well it is my self-entitled job cause they shouldn't be on if they are in a bad mood.

8. Urbanajlucas

@Drokovian *sigh* If you say so... Other than that your tips are excellent as well :)

9. Bumpkin101

Bumpkin101 Member

You shouldn't be online when you're salty, but that's 99% of the time, yaknow

10. Drokovian

Drokovian Member

I'm salty like 99% of the time, so the 1% of the time I'm not, it's for a very good reason, or I have something very serious/taking something seriously.

11. Zherothefox

Zherothefox New Member

You're never serious... ;);););););)

Bumpkin101 likes this.
  12. Memphis1986

Memphis1986 Member

Some nice tips here for beginners @Zherothefox :) great job.

I'd also like to emphasise the importance of ensuring a new player is familiar with the rules and the server commands as quickly as possible - to make things like claiming and setting up your flags, easier. A great tip would also be to vote as often as you can to win some free gear!

13. Drokovian

Drokovian Member

Well recently I haven't cause there isn't a need to be serious, nor a point I need to seriously drive home.

And if I'm being dead serious to you in game or out of game in general, it just emphasizes more that you should actually listen cause there's probably a HUGE red flag going "WOW HE'S ACTUALLY BE SERIOUS/NOT SALTY, LET'S HEAR HIM OUT". On the opposite side of spectrum you could be like "pftt, he's probably going serious for half a second to get our attention then roast us and fail"

14. CherryHorse

CherryHorse New Member

Discord ID:
    CherryAngel#6763
    wo this post is so old

15. bluezs

bluezs New Member

Discord ID:
    bluezs#2852
    Never ever trust anyone!!

16. DrPvper

DrPvper Well-Known Member