Click to Copy
play.gotpvp.com

Survival.... Really?

Discussion in 'Survival' started by bluezs, Sep 9, 2018.

1. bluezs

bluezs New Member

Discord ID:
    bluezs#2852
    Does anyone else feel like the new survival server is another form of prison? Actually more like faction?
    Lots of perks were taken away from the ranked players and I wonder why? As for me, I bought my rank for the perks understanding things can change but not this drastically. I also read in the home page that "We want the server to be a very PLAY to win". There are players that bought Gkits to get a step up and yet it gets removed from the survival server. We paid real money for something that's been totally removed and replaced with these survival kit bundle, spawners kit and op tools kit. The owners took something away from us and renamed it to sell again. It seems as though more money needs to be spent. When is the owners going to get enough money and provide us with servers that aren't broken and actually fun to play on?

If I wanted to worry about being killed while I'm farming or mining... I'D PLAY FACTIONS but I want to play survival and what the owners have done is create a prison/factions server.

What else is going to be offered? How else can money be made? I feel sorry for members on this server because they'll never be winners without paying money. Not just $20 or $50 but in order to compete you need to spends hundreds up to thousands of dollars.

Swosh and xElsa like this.
  2. bluezs

bluezs New Member

Discord ID:
    bluezs#2852
    I spoke out of turn about the gkits on survival. They were not removed just NURFED and are not worth spending real money on.

3. Youbetheanchor_

In my opinion survival never should have become a pay to win server, so I'm super glad it's more play to win now and that kits were nerfed etc :)

I don't think survival is necessarily about competition, it's more about doing your own thing and enjoying it. There are other competitive gamemodes on gotpvp if that's what you're looking for.

SeaKnight and xElsa like this.
  4. bluezs

bluezs New Member

Discord ID:
    bluezs#2852
    I don't care about being baltop. I enjoy working on my mcmmo and such. I'm not able to do as in the past because they changed the gamemode of the way survival is now. People like myself who do not pvp have no choice. In survival pvp is a choice otherwise it is called towny or factions.
    If they had not taken away my God mode then I wouldn't care. Just let me farm, mine and build things on a piece of land of my choosing without another player coming up behind me, killing me, and I'm good.

This is NOT ARKHAM so stop trying to mirror it!!

#4 bluezs, Sep 11, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2018
    xElsa likes this.
  5. 777IAmLucky

777IAmLucky New Member

I am not attacking you when I say this btw.
    1. This is not prison, you are not being forced to go through the ranks, and there are other ways to rankup than mining.
    2. Gkits are nerfed, who cares. This is good because now people can't get really far ahead on baltop for doing close to nothing. And just because survival might not have the best gkits doesn't mean they aren't worth buying, survival has always had survival specific items in the gkits.
    3. This is not like Arkham, they have added some neat features that Arkham also uses. This is the best survival reset we have had in a long time.

Enjoy it, we finally have a good survival server that we can actually enjoy, there are a few minor bugs but nothing compared to last season.

6. bluezs

bluezs New Member

Discord ID:
    bluezs#2852
    I thank you for your thoughts. I don't feel attacked. I have never seen a survival server that involved pvp without it being a choice. Clearly it's not a choice on this one. That's my biggest gripe.

7. DrPvper

DrPvper Well-Known Member

Discord ID:
    DrPvper#1471
    +1 on adding /god. Its really annoying.

8. DoubleClickinq_

DoubleClickinq_ Well-Known Member

Discord ID:
    Nate | Keep It 100#3313
    the new gotpvp owners are shit lmao

9. recluse777

recluse777 New Member

add god on survival

10. Jam123661

Jam123661 Active Member

Survival never "became" pay to win. It was from the start way back when. The whole idea of a person's idea of "winning" on survival is subjective, although it usually pertains to baltop. Survival shouldn't be a server that has a "winner". You used to simply buy ranks and they came with kits and perks that became better as the price went up. For example, I bought deity in 2014, I got a variety of kits ranging from redstone, enchanted books, survival armor/Tools, potions, ores, and even a separate kit for god armor and weapons (pvp kit) and a variety of perks. I'll remind you that this is how it was when the server was at it's peak of success. If you look at the Deity rank's current "equivalent" as it stands, its easy to see how some people feel cheated. All it comes with is some pvp armor and potions. The ranks don't seem to follow a survival theme at all, it doesn't even come with a set of survival tools. As someone who never really played to "win" but to survive on survival the ranks were perfect for me personally. You could say it was over powered, but it was 350$, that's the idea lol.
    Imma just link what Deity used to come with and let ya'll compare: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LuCYMXdHzSkgEeJWAJUKoxAwbXfz7E30Uq99xmxGKsM/edit

In my personal opinion the server as a whole needs to focus on creating diverse and creative content to make the overall experience more interesting and immersive, as opposed to paying players real money to keep them remotely interested in sticking around, which is just a terrible way to build a community.

#10 Jam123661, Sep 24, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
    Swosh, SeaKnight and xElsa like this.