Click to Copy
play.gotpvp.com

What happened??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zambie_Slayer22, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Zambie_Slayer22

Zambie_Slayer22 New Member

What on earth happened to this darn server? i haven't played Minecraft in about three or four years and I decided to load it up and play. The first thing I did when i loaded into the main was to go jump onto the server that was my absolute favorite. I was expecting a few changes here or there but what I saw instead was saddening lol. I was excited and full of faith that those red and black dragons were still there and instead i got some stupid ass stuff. This servers ip has been with me ever since i stopped playing. it has been burned into my brain from the countless times that i have clicked on it from the servers list. I remember getting into a populated hub and running straight towards that parkour course. I was complete ass at it but i kept trying and eventually i reached the red dragon. Then i remember setting my home on that dragons back and then I went back to the spawn and started to attempt the black dragon. It took me a week and a half to finish it and I felt amazing and so happy lol. Then the hub dweller rank came along. I spent most of my time in the hub so i said screw it and i bought it 3 days after it released. My favorite perk that came along with it was the ability to get a pet. I always had a snowman named "Jackson" or some shit. I also liked the ability to fly. If I remember correctly there was this little hidden island that the owner or Saito ( I think that was his username ) would go to be afk. It was always a treat to fly over there and see him sitting in a little room backed all the way into a corner. To be totally honest I would 100% choose these memories over loading into that ugly hub world. Can someone please tell me what happened to this once amazing server and what led it to become this depressing server that I see before me. I'm genuinely sad about this. The one thing that I miss the most is the friendships that I made. If any of them left then I hope they dont come back to this server with the same expectations that I had. I wouldn't want them to get disappointed just like I was. At the end of the day this server isn't as great as its old self. I really miss those damn dragons lol.

Tristanseven likes this.
  2. Choragus

Choragus Guest

Buddy im the clossest thing your going to get to see anything old im a gotpvp historian i own all the maps and everything contact me via discord Damagex11#9413

yolovape likes this.
  3. miningballer

miningballer New Member

Lol can't believe I'm replying to this.
    I'm an old GotPvper. This server was my favorite. I joined late 2013 and played for about a year, and then off and on for another year or two. Made a ton of memories on this dang server, met some awesome people, was a prison nut, spent a couple hundred bucks, saw it revamp, spark to average two to three thousand, and then subsequently die as did most Minecraft servers with the EULA
    I remember going to buy Duke. I was so excited, and then i saw that King was on sell, which at that time was the second highest rank behind emperor. I bought it for something like $125 and had the time of my life lol. I played prison so much, mined the donor mines, played in the free world, then went over and played factions and had a blast.
    For me, GotPvp is a long lost nostalgia haven. Idk what I'd give to get the old server back, average a thousand players, go mine my way from blocks A, B, C, and E to free, or hop on factions with Noaht85, freezesource, mrepic89, PandaMan1015 (Lord help), Orian, spenc27, CowBoyDancer, or any of the other ancient players and go raid a base. Man, there were some serious memories made here.
    I remember those dragons; they were awesome. I miss the old hub, the old old prison, and a lot of stuff. Unfortunately, times change, servers die, games decline, and life goes on.

4. Choragus

Choragus Guest

connect and ill show you the old hub

5. Zambie_Slayer22

Zambie_Slayer22 New Member

"a long lost nostalgia haven" is exactly how I'd describe it. I used to play on the creative server if I wasn't in the hub. I would always fly out as far as I could to discover abandoned plots with stuff built on them. The one that I remember was this role play plot with a bunch of cabins and a small beach built in the corner of it. I ended up claiming it so I could look around for hidden stuff and I found this room with a bunch of Redstone contraptions and chests filled with tons of potions with those insane effects. I remember drinking one and it was a speed potion that gave me a crazy speed boost lol. Looking back at the memories that I made makes me wish that I could turn back time so I could experience them again.

miningballer likes this.
  6. Darth

Darth New Member

Hey there, I guess its been a while since you started this but id like to share my story. I am a player named Darthplayz, I started playing around the time when kitpvp started there. I remember so many things from this server and so many friends that I made there, I had played for YEARS with full kitpvp servers and such until one day, everyone just left, it was empty, just us original players having a glimmer of hope for the server. I remember one day I logged on and it was just me and another guy, and we seriously talked for like an hour about the state of gotpvp. And I guess people left because there were too many hackers, and the mods and admins stopped caring about the server. But as I said, I tried to keep it alive. The final straw for me was when they took away kitpvp for good, it was the only thing I used to play on there and to have all those memories lost just hurts so bad.

Rbdragon likes this.
  7. RocketOG

RocketOG New Member

Your Discord doesn’t work for me, could you DM me it? I’d love to see it again. Rocket#8239

8. Rbdragon

Rbdragon Well-Known Member

bruh this shit is depressing to read i went on skyblock yesterday to find 30 fuckin bots and barely anyone to talk to

herp likes this.
  9. DayDream_

DayDream_ New Member

Discord ID:
    Ball-peen hammer#1379
  10. Bacon4Dayzz

Bacon4Dayzz Expired Meat

Discord ID:
    Bacon4Dayzz#0251
  11. TapGodz

TapGodz New Member

Discord ID:
    Arctic#5762
    hey do you remember me?

12. DayDream_

DayDream_ New Member

Discord ID:
    Ball-peen hammer#1379
    oh hey.. no staff members telling us to stop bumping posts over a year old

herp likes this.
  13. herp

herp New Member

Discord ID:
    herp#2251
    No staff are actually active on the forums lol

DayDream_ and Rbdragon like this.
  14. DayDream_

DayDream_ New Member

Discord ID:
    Ball-peen hammer#1379
    what? that's not even what i said lmao
    i said staff arent telling us to stop bumping this thread

15. Bacon4Dayzz

Bacon4Dayzz Expired Meat

Discord ID:
    Bacon4Dayzz#0251
    Can’t tell if you’re saying: No, staff are active or no staff are active.

herp likes this.
  16. herp

herp New Member

Discord ID:
    herp#2251
    None of the staff are active on the forums****

Bacon4Dayzz likes this.
  17. DayDream_

DayDream_ New Member

Discord ID:
    Ball-peen hammer#1379
    now that you say it.. yeah i think they meant that No, staff are active

18. herp

herp New Member

Discord ID:
    herp#2251
    Ight I'm concerned I'm failing to understand what I stated now.

19. oliver

oliver Well-Known Member

Discord ID:
    Oliver || NoHax #0018