Click to Copy
play.gotpvp.com

What happened?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shady, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Shady

Shady New Member

Hey, everyone.

I won't be surprised if the vast majority of you don't remember me, but believe it or not, I used to be pretty popular on here- and that's because, from the time I joined the server in 2013, I made a lot of pretty good friends on here and kept coming back for the experience of enjoying a good game on a great server with some friends. Since 2013, I've gone through high school and am now a college freshman and, as school's about to wrap up soon for this year, I decided to come log into Minecraft again for the first time in two years and check up on my favorite server. However, when I dusted off my old gaming laptop and went to my saved servers list, I found myself left with more questions than answers.
    From what I've seen in the last few minutes scrolling the forums, this server's gotten vastly different- Saito's out as owner, the PvP gamemodes are gone (kind of taking the PvP out of GotPvP), and the whole server's empty for a month because it's getting a revamp. As an older player who hasn't been keeping up with this server (or Minecraft at all) lately, I'm a little disillusioned and shocked- but optimistic for the future of this server.
    More importantly, though, how have you all been? When scrolling through this server's forum a few minutes ago, I was encouraged to see a bunch of familiar faces and names of friendly people I know. So what's up? I'd like to hear from some of y'all- Urbana, Kylee, Ocean, Kara, to name a few- there's too many of y'all to list in one post, but I'd love to see some people update me on their lives and how y'all have matured as well!

Glad to see y'all again,

-Ash (ThaRealSlimShady)

DeaconHo likes this.
  2. Jelly

Jelly Lead Manager
    Staff Member Lead Manager Owner

Discord ID:
    Jelly#2002
  3. DeaconHo

DeaconHo Sr. Mod
    Staff Member Senior Mod

Discord ID:
    DeaconHo 何家人#3571
    yo hey

4. Asymmetrically

Asymmetrically Hey, that's pretty good

5. Rose

Rose New Member

Hey I’m just like u and used to play back then but check up once A year to see what’s up! I made such amazing friends at the time and it’s crazy how everything is different! Feels like a different server! It’s crazy I remember everyone from webby to Jenna to that one couple from England (forgot their names) I miss the old dragons it used to be the hang out spot!! And skywars! What a good memory but I’m just glad I’m not the only one who is checking up to see what’s down! But hey People grow up and move on! Nothings wrong with visiting the past and reminancing the good memory’s!! Hope things go well for everyone !

6. Rose

Rose New Member

I’m actually from 2015-2016 area Ig I didn’t realize but still what a blast from the past

DeaconHo likes this.
  7. tourdel

tourdel Active Member

i think server dead

8. Jam123661

Jam123661 Active Member

server ded

Shade and Asymmetrically like this.
  9. Shade

Shade Well-Known Member

server machine broke years ago

Asymmetrically likes this.